End of life care
Caring and compassionate end of life care, to help and support in your time of need
Coping with a terminal illness is one of the most difficult challenges life can throw at you. At Sandwell Care Services, we make a commitment to help you and your loved ones cope during this difficult time, by offering a professional and empathetic end of life care service.
Our end of life care team can make your final days much more comfortable and lessen the strain on relatives. It also enables you to remain at home, in familiar surroundings, with your family and loved ones at your side.
Your comfort and dignity is always paramount in the care we provide.
Who is live in care for?
A wide range of people receive live in care, from those who have become elderly, frail, lonely and isolated. Also people who have physical disabilities, terminal illness, complex care needs, mental health support needs or learning disabilities.
The live in care service provides not only the support required but also friendship and companionship.
Following situations may require a live in carer:
- Friendship and companionship
- Respite care
- Short term live in care for recovery from an operation, illness or injury
- End of life care
- Care for couples to prevent one from going into residential care
- Stroke or brain injury rehabilitation
- Dementia care
What kind of help will I receive?
The kind of things a Sandwell Care Services live in carer can help with, include:
- Washing, dressing and personal appearance
- Help with going to the toilet or managing continence
- Ensuring medication is taken and on time
- Preparing and cooking nutritious meals
- Laundry, hoovering, tidying and cleaning
- Changing and making the bed
- Getting to medical appointments
- Help with keeping up hobbies and interests
- Assistance with mobility or getting out and about
- Hoisting and manual handling
- Help with looking after pets
- Assistance with daily exercise